Wash the gonkura leaves and dry them on a sheet of paper. Cut into fine pieces.To 5 spoons of oil, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, and add 1 cup of chopped leaves. Fry with constant stirring.Add 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp red chillie powder and cook until it becomes a non-sticky paste.
Simple day to day recipes - some traditional, others are my culinary experiments. South Indian, North Indian, traditional Karnataka Brahmin recipes - you'll find some of these here.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Gonkura Thokku
Wash the gonkura leaves and dry them on a sheet of paper. Cut into fine pieces.To 5 spoons of oil, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, and add 1 cup of chopped leaves. Fry with constant stirring.Add 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp red chillie powder and cook until it becomes a non-sticky paste.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SabudanaVada
As a mother, I always wish for my daughter to eat well, study well, and surpass me in every way. My husband often teases me, saying I put he...
-
I prepare this in many different ways here I have used Idli batter with grated carrot and I have taken rice flour, which I have steamed...
-
Remembering those days when I used to go home leaving office in the afternoons only to eat sajjige made by my mother. I can never beat the ...
-
You need sprouted whole moth about a cup Potato: 2 (Green chilly powder/jeera powder/coriander powder) about2 tea spoons or Gr...
No comments:
Post a Comment