Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MOMOS





On our anniversary day, I was adamant to change the restaurant this time, my hubby never like to change restaurant or dishes.
My four year old and me,  we made sure that we go to Chinese this time, so we were there in Chungwa near MG road.
I had already decided to taste wantons, my first order was Wantons, later it went on till the Jasmine Green tea.
My daughter enjoyed wantons, her next demand was to make it at home. she is my best critic, if she likes dishes made by me, I am the most happiest, the way she tells "amma" it is yummy and super..........

Here is the home made version of mamos to my friend pushpa who liked it after tasting she said need the recipe.

Ingredients:

Maida flour: 2 cups. (plain flour)
Warm water: as required.
Salt to taste.

For Stuffing:

Cabbage: 1 1/2  cups Chopped finely.
Carrot: 1/2 cup Grated
Capsicum:1/2 cup Chopped finely.
Pepper powder 1/2 tea spoon.
Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon.
Salt to taste.
Ghee 1 table spoon to fry.


1. Make a dough of maida using warm water.kneed it and keep it aside.
2. Fry cabbage, carrot and capsicum with a tablespoon of ghee.
3. Add little salt.
4. keep it aside.
5. Take maida dough make a thin round layer.
6. Fill the stuffing in it and steam it for 10 minutes mamaos are ready.

For the tomato garlic ketchup: you need two tomatoes, garlic finely chopped, red chillies 2, sugar 1 table spoon, 1 teaspoon of oil and bit salt.

Take 2 tomatoes first boil it with water, remove it and peal the skin once it is cool. Fry red chillies a bit and add to tomatoes.
Grind tomatoes and red chillies.
Take 1 tea spoon of oil in a vessel once it is heated add garlic, fry for a minute and add tomato to it, add sugar, pinch of salt and saute it till it boils.
Serve with Momos.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Biscuit and Bread Pudding

  Biscuit and Bread Pudding Serves- 8(For below propotion) Ingredients- Bread- Depends on the size of container Digestive Biscuits- Depends ...